Pages

Sunday 3 December 2017

When the stars align...

We've seen flamingos, pineapples, stars, hearts, lightening bolts and lips...but now it's time for all things space related. 

Space and cosmic type things seem to be having a moment. Last week Prince Harry talked about "how the stars were aligned" when Meghan (we're on first name terms you know) came into his life. And tonight there's going to be a "Super" moon.

It was this time last year when all things space like came into my life, in the form of sparkly Star Wars socks from Topshop. I acquired many pairs, to replace my older socks. Deep. I know. 

I've noticed more and more space/planet/moon related prints and pieces becoming available and here's a pick of some of my favourites. But if you happen to see any more out there PLEASE tell me!

First of all, a word about Rixo London which was started in 2015 by two friends, Henrietta Rix and Orlagh McClosky. Both Creative Directors studied at the London College of Fashion and their brand (which is a combination of their two names) is going from strength to strength. They have such a gorgeous selection of silk clothing with the most fabulous prints - I think that I may have to re-think my Christmas Day outfit.


I think that this Rixo London Georgia cosmic constellation skirt (£220) could well be the most gorgeous skirt I've ever seen. In fact I absolutely love the whole outfit. The combination of colours, the two related prints. Please, can someone I know get married and invite me, just so that I have an excuse to buy this outfit?


And then if they would like to have a baby and invite me to the christening - no wait, that would take too long - perhaps the bride could have a hen do and then I could wear the Rixo London Thalia space age floral silk midi skirt (£220). Can I swear? Just ever so slightly? I bloody love this skirt too. Oooh, I've just had a thought - I think that some of my friends would like this skirt too. Anyone fancy doing a time share?


Rixo Marissa Cosmic Constallation midi deep V-neck dress (£325)

I'm not sure that I could quite pull this dress off - well not without a lot of assistance in the (masking) tape department for my top half (and maybe some other kind of assistance in the tanning/pruning department to accommodate the high split). BUT - oh how I love it! 


Rixo Sheena space age spot (£295)

Now, if the other prints aren't quite your taste - after all prints are very subjective - then this black dress with the white space age spot might appeal more. I love the simple elegance of this dress. 


Rixo Pluto teal cowl neck blouse (£165)

As you've probably figured, this is the top in the shot above. I can't help but smile when I look at all of these pieces which, granted, when you're home alone in front of a Christmas film is ever so slightly weird - but then I talk to my clothes sometimes so it's actually quite normal for me. 


Rixo Georgia skirt in navy moonlit sky (£205)

This is the Georgia skirt again but this time in navy moonlit sky. And there's a blouson sleeved top (£175) to go with it, giving the illusion of a dress. 


And then out there on the High Street, there's this stunning Zara printed midi dress (£69) which I was going to buy but then the lack of slip to go underneath it put me off. It should have come one with one but I think that someone decided that it was just what they needed, so they took it instead. 


And this is right at the very top of my Christmas list. Being a fan of all things sci-fi, I think that my husband was quite surprised (and obviously secretly delighted) that I would like something else bag like and sparkly. 




I know the Queen UFO glitter clutch bag (£75)

I know the Queen has so many amazing glitter clutches with fabulous designs from sharks, to your initials, stars, slogans. They're brilliant! 


Topshop glitter moon and star socks (£3.50)

And coming full circle, we're back to the Topshop socks. Maybe a touch of space like magic is all that you need for now, in which case these could be perfect - with a midi skirt and heeled sandals for a very modern look, or tucked inside your boots for when the cold weather hits. 

And as I said before, if anyone comes across anything planet like or cosmic or sparkly, please do let me know. I would love to take a peek!