Pages

Sunday 20 August 2017

The Slip Dress Recipe for Success...

I've realised that the one dress that I reach for time and time again when I want to wear a dress but don't want to be "dressy" - is a slip dress. Each time I wear mine I get lots of people asking me where it's from so I thought that the slip dress deserved a post of its own. 

The great thing about slip dresses is that they can be worn all year round - as ever, winter florals will be huge again.  If it's exceptionally hot (hmmm) they're great on their own. If it's a bit chillier, wear a T-shirt underneath and when the winter arrives, go for the full on black ribbed turtle neck for added warmth and a chunky cardi over the top. Some are slimmer fitting than others but in general the shape of them is good because they have a neat silhouette without clinging. The fabric can play a part in whether they work or not too - so try a few on and see where you get to. 

The ones below are largely from & Other Stories and H&M but I've also linked to M&S for anyone who wants to take a good look at what's out there now. 


Lace Slip Dress (£69) Other Stories


Lace Trimmed Slip dress (£69) Other Stories



Leaf print dress (£59) Other Stories



Gilded pleat dress (£59) Other Stories

H&M  slip dress (£9.99)


H&M pale blue slip dress (£7.99)



As an alternative, if the idea of a slip dress "top" appeals but not the bottom half of the dress, the Jigsaw cami (£29) comes in 12 colours and looks great with a simple crew neck T underneath.

If you're a regular slip dress wearer, I would love to hear how you style yours. Or if you've not gone there before, could you be tempted?! Have a lovely start to the week. Beth x