Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2017

New Season Hush - My Top Ten Favourite Picks

It's here! The new season collection from Hush has arrived and I'm going to share my favourite top ten pieces with you. And don't forget, there's a 10% discount with the code A17PREVIEW

First up, knitwear. One of my absolute loves. Which is apt because this is one of my favourite jumpers....


Hush Love Jumper (£85) which isn't strictly a "new season" piece, rather a repeat from last Autumn/Winter - but it's a favourite nonetheless and will replace my old and worn out New Look one which has seen much better days. The reviews of this jumper are great but be prepared for it to sell out. It also comes in midnight with white writing. There's also the Big Love jumper which is going to be not just big, but HUGE.


Moving on to lightening bolts, which are having a huge fashion moment...


Hush Lightening Bolt Jumper (£85). I love how it's styled with paler jeans but through into the winter the "custard" colour will add a bolt (I prefer "bolt" to "pop") of colour to darker pieces too.

For a skirt, I'm loving the look of this one....
Hush Odessa Lace Skirt (£55) which looks to be a straight, not pencil, style. A real dress up/dress down piece. I love lace for the day (as well as sequins, velvet and leopard print) so team it with a simple knit and some ankle boots for a great stylish, but comfortable, day time outfit.

For another skirt which is a good all rounder, Hush have re-released the Marina Skirt (£65) which has that lovely combination of a decent length whilst at the same time showing a bit of leg through the sheer fabric - great if the shape of your legs are still great but if the tone isn't quite what it was.


Just as good in the day time as for the evening. 

I have found a knitted dress to be invaluable in the winter months and I can't wait to try this one...


Hush Althea Knit Dress (£89). This dress is a medium weight knit and is a wool and cotton mix (55% merino, 45% cotton) For those who run hot, this will be good news. I'm going to check it out and see how it feels, to see whether it's thick enough for me.  If not, I can always put my ninja layering skills to good use.

I think that these Kick Flare Trousers (£75) could be a snazzy alternative to the classic skinnies/straight legs that we all own. In some ways they're not quite as easy to wear - the hem length, boot height (as in where the boot finishes on the leg) and the boot heel height need to work together but if they're right, they can look amazing.


For a relaxed look (that you can still dress up) I'm loving these...


Hush Metallic Striped Joggers (£45) which just have that little bit of a metallic detail to elevate them above the every day.

The Anais Bag (£110) would be a lovely little addition to the haul...

The bag adds just the right touch of leopard print which works so well at pulling blacks and browns together and working in some texture, print and interest to an outfit. After all, an outfit is all about its accessories!

The one thing that I have managed to order so far are these Hackney Boots which have been reduced from £210 to £130. They enable a bit of a sock flash around the ankle, which I quite like as I have lots of sparkly socks which really shouldn't remain hidden from view in the winter.


And finally as well as new winter boots we all need some new shoes but not just any new shoes...... red shoes!

I love how these Ascot heels (£120) have been styled on the site. They just look so great with everything! And red is going to be THE colour of the winter, so a red pair of shoes in the style of the season is a great investment. These remind me so much of my first pair of work shoes - some Marilyn Anselm shoes from Hobbs that I bought in Covent Garden. I NEVER thought that they would become trendy again. Lucky that I kept them!


There will be lots more coming but as a starter for ten, I think that there's enough to keep us going when planning a few new bits for the winter.