Pages

Thursday 2 March 2017

The jumpsuit and leopard print heels post!


Topshop denim jumpsuit (previous season) velvet leopard print court shoes from River Island (£35)

Whenever I post a picture of this jumpsuit on Instagram, people seem to really like it, so I thought that I would try and find some that are similar, which of course provided harder than anticipated!

I'm not quite sure what it is about a jumpsuit that appeals in particular but I know that whenever I see one on someone I really like it - they just look quite cool and stylish (not that I think that when I look in the mirror I hasten to add - only when I see others in them).  

And when it comes to wearing them, they are so comfortable. I've done long haul flights in mine and it's worked so well, despite there being the potential for loo issues! It's a one stop outfit which really only a dress that can compete with but a jumpsuit is so much better. Comfortable, able to be layered, can be worn with flats or for a night out, wear with a leather biker or a blazer. A jumpsuit is the perfect piece for a weekend away on hand luggage only.



This lyocell blend jumpsuit from H&M (£39.99) is one of the best options that I've come across. It's from their conscious range and comes in sizes 6 to 20. It's the most similar in style to the one I'm wearing insofar as it has long sleeves and the trouser hem isn't cuffed. I think that I could quite easily be persuaded on this one too.



The soft utility jumpsuit from Oasis (£52) is made from modal (65%) and polyester (35%) which will give it its softness but I'm slightly concerned about the VPL issue with this one and wonder whether it might just be a little too soft. Nevertheless it made it into my top 3. It comes in khaki as well as dark grey, both of which make a softer change to black.


At £75 the Hush jumpsuit is the most expensive but this too is a gem. I bought it last year and wore it virtually non stop when I was away with work for a couple of days. It was so easy to style in different ways and it was hugely comfortable too. Because it was around last summer, it has 52 reviews for you to read and it has been awarded five stars.


I haven't managed to find a denim one, despite much searching - but I will keep on looking. And as for a word about the shoes, these are my favourite heels at the moment. They are velvet and wearing them is like wearing slippers. They come in nine finishes, including metallic, orange and pink velvet (unsurprisingly I have my eye on those too!)  Because I'm not great in heels for any length of time, at £35 these are the right price for me.

So, over to you wise readers! Do you have any top jumpsuit tips that you would like to share? Could you be tempted where previously you haven't and the all elusive question - have you found a lovely denim one anywhere?! Thanking you in advance x