Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2016

A pretty Victorian top from GAP



I will remember this day forever because it's the day that our lovely Flo came back from 4 weeks away in Tanzania. In that time we've had two short texts but nothing else as her phone stayed at home and wi-fi was virtually non-existent. It's been a long old time. At times I thought my heart would break and friends have picked me up and dusted me down. I'm still not used to hearing her voice calling "Mum!" down the stairs. Our once tidy house is strewn with damp, smelly, dusty clothing. And I couldn't be happier.


So I guess that a slightly fancy but everyday type top could better be described as a blouse really couldn't it? It would save on a lot of words! I bought this eyelet Victorian top from GAP yesterday. It is pretty and lightweight - good with skinnies or cut-offs for our Guernsey holiday - and with a nod to Victorian. Predictably I can't find the white online so I've linked to the blue but GAP's new "eyelet" range is pretty well stocked in stores.


They embraced as only siblings can.
 "Why are you so ugly?" she said to her brother.
"Why are you so short?" he replied.
And then we were five again. 

NB. To anyone who has siblings who fight to the point of driving you utterly and totally insane, there may well come a point, in the future, when they stop fighting and actually love - OK like - one another. In our case it happened when our son, who is younger than his sister, grew tall enough and strong enough to pick her up, throw her over his shoulder and remove her to another room when she started to annoy him. Those years of tears and tantrums (often from me in frustration!) are now over. So there is hope. I promise.