Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

How to wear shorts when the temperature doesn't really warrant it (and it doesn't involve American Tan tights)....


Despite the fact it's not the warmest right now, I still want to wear shorts. So how to get around this? Layer up on the top half, that's how. Today's ensemble (the word "outfit" would attribute to it a sense of style or organisation that it didn't really possess - other than the scarf which was a lovely present from a lovely friend) consisted of the following layers:

  • M&S vest (not seen - be grateful!)
  • J Crew striped top;
  • Denim shirt (knotted at the waist);
  • Zara sequin jumper;
  • Bright scarf - later used as a coat when it got chilly and I'd left my coat in the car;
  • Yellow petit bateau coat, for when it truly threw it down.
With that lot on my top half, it was hard to feel cold on my legs and in fairness, when the sun did choose to shine, it was warm enough for shorts - not like that whole February LFW thing when all the celebs are so keen to show off the new season's fashion that they flash their pants despite the snow. 



I have always loved Cath Kidston and Cath and Guernsey are another match made in heaven. And Cath at a beach kiosk, well, it just had to be done. I bought this bag in Selfridges on the morning that we came away, having seen it in there the day before. If I'm honest, I think that I fell in love with the luminous pink. Bet no-one saw that one coming. All due credit for the mercy dash to get the bag has go to Mr SG who, despite not being remotely interested in such things for himself, totally gets it. Apologies for the random foot, which appears to be mine.

I've linked to the Cath Kidston bag online, despite the fact that it's out of stock, just because there are further details if anyone did want to try and track one down.