Pages

Sunday 27 July 2014

Two more sunny, summery outfits!

 

Now that we've left Cornwall for Guernsey, Cornwall seems such a long way away. A quick 25 minute flight over the water somehow changes everything. We've swapped the early morning swims, body boarding in big waves, loud announcements from the lifeguards, busy beaches, (the odd) cocktail and birthday celebrations for something altogether more low key. Empty beaches, gentle lapping waves, ice-creams from the cutest beach kiosks and a "picnic" of chips on the beach as the sun went down.

As the years have passed and the island has developed, I sometimes forget that it is just that - an island and a pretty small one at that. So we were surprised when we went to Waitrose (unheard of until a few years ago) to find that there wasn't a banana, strawberry, raspberry, lettuce, carrot or avocado in sight. Imagine that at home - empty shelves. But that's what I love about it here, everything is at a slower pace and it's very real. Tomorrow we will go foraging in the boxes of veg for sale on the sides of the road to see what local produce we can find.

In the above photo I'm wearing the GAP dress that I bought only a couple of weeks ago now. It's so comfortable and great for all sorts of occasions. I picked up the star clutch, also from GAP, in the sale a couple of days before we left.

The photo below was snapped on the beach a few hours after we arrived - and just after said picnic! I'm completely devoid of make-up after wiping everything off only a few hours after I had put it on. The new CC cream that I bought had a smell about it that was about to kick start a migraine so off it all came. So much for trying to make an effort!


Unsurprisingly the shorts and top are GAP, the bag Cath Kidston and the shoes, converse. It's not remotely stylish and in fact I'd only just put the top on just before we went out, as my other one was covered in mayonnaise thanks to some shenanigans between the older two - but I think that it's best not to go there. Sadly Waitrose hadn't run out of that or else I would have still been wearing a top which worked much better. Having said that I quite like the top to toe peach look. Very 1980's!

And here I'm sharing a Guernsey sun set over my favourite beach - Port Soif. It's just beautiful here - even more so when the sun is shining!