Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Time to dig out the hardcore "Bumper" leopard print boots


I don't normally dig out the Bumper Boots until it snows but oh how it rained today - and blew a gale - and when I looked out of the window just before starting the school run, I knew that it was time for them to make an appearance.

How I came to own a pair of boots which now retail for £265 is beyond me - and from that perspective I do feel a bit bad writing about them.  However I bought them over 6 years ago now in a sale in a boutique in Ludlow. I am sure that I wouldn't have spent more than £75 on them - but then again I was pregnant at the time so perhaps I was having a pregnancy moment!

Their cow hide finish would, I have thought, meant that they were rubbish in the snow and rain - although perhaps that's the very reason that they're so good in the snow and rain. Cows do tend to be waterproof after all. I partly put it down to the raised sole, which means that I almost levitate above the puddles!

Anyway, wear them in the wind and rain I did, with the New Look jeans and a striped Boden cashmere jumper.


Tomorrow I have an early start as I have to be in the studios of BBC Radio WM by 7am. I have been asked to talk about the announcement by Ofsted to overhaul inspections of teacher training, to include a focus on teachers' clothes. They're planning on making a bit of a feature on it with some filming and social media activity surrounding it. So, if any of you would like to tune in, you can do so on 95.6 FM and the feature will be on at about 7.15 to 7.20am.