Pages

Monday 3 February 2014

The result of the jeans experiment and where they are leading me.....



I know, enough already of these ridiculous photos! The last post was a long one though and this is the only image I have of what I wanted to write about today - so forgive me!

Thank you to you all, for your comments on the jeans post - I will get back to you all. I'm always slightly nervous when I do a post like that but it's really nice to see what lovely people read Style Guile. There was very much a general consensus on the New Look jeans, which is good because they are the ones that I kept. Taking into account colour, fit, composition and value for money, they worked the best for me. (Having said that I haven't yet returned the others, so there's still time.)

As part of my "in-store" research I took this photo (whilst waiting for the eldest) which I'm sharing because I really like the "Love" jumper, also from New Look (£19.99). I didn't buy it at the time because there's no way that I need another grey jumper. Also I am trying not to spend too many pennies so, with great resolve, I left it in the store. And anyway it was a bit "polyesterish".

However there could be an argument to say that, as it's coming up to Valentine's Day, it would be really nice to have a jumper with "Love" written on it - in the same way that it's nice to have  Christmas jumper at Christmas time, whether we need one or not. I know! Lame, even by my standards. OK, so let's try again. How about......On the other hand, we all need a bit of polyester in our wardrobes. It's great for demonstrating how static electricity works to the kids, so really they would be the ones to benefit if I owned this jumper. Better? Hmm, maybe not.


Or it could be argued that grey and orange is a refreshing colour combination and one which I don't really have much of at the moment, in which case there's this jumper from Reiss (now £65 instead of £95). And stripes are so appealing.....


I'm just starting to wonder whether the less expensive jeans were a false economy. What's the betting that one of these jumpers will have snuck it's way into my wardrobe in the not too distant future? Oh and I've seen some lovely boots to go with my new shade of blue jeans too.....