Pages

Thursday 21 November 2013

An outfit of sparkle, fur, snake print, crystals and heels.



I really like simple outfits. Quite often if I am only using one or two basic colours, I will add interest through texture - hence the sparkle, fur, snake print and crystals. It sounds overload but really it's not. 

I had a long, long car journey today in preparation for the work that I am doing at the Clothes Show this year. So with that in mind I wanted to be warm in the car but not bulked out, hence the Zara fur waistcoat. My Topshop lurex pencil skirt is stretchy, so really comfortable plus it doesn't crease. I also wore a grey marl jumper from Topshop, navy snake print LK Bennett bag and Jigsaw shoe boots.

Take a look below to find the pieces...

Grey marl crystal stud jumper from Topshop (£48). I love it in the pale pink too - plus the dark grey and the burgundy colour. In fact it is lovely in all colours.


Topshop lurex pencil skirt (£38) - I started off with this in a size 10 but the sizing is generous so I went for my usual size 8, which is just right. As I say, it's stretchy and comfortable - perfect for daytime or evening. It comes to just above the knee on me.


 The Zara fur waistcoat isn't on line anymore -well at least I can't find it! However...


... I think that they have updated it with this studio long vest (£129) which is lovely and a very acceptable alternative. I styled a client in it last week and it looked amazing on her. Very sharp!


I bought my shoe boots a couple of years ago now but Jigsaw currently have this updated version available (£159)


If you haven't tried mixing your textures up before, give it a go. It's a simple but effective trick to make outfits more interesting.