Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

Seeing spots in Hobbs

Today it was the turn of an old favourite of mine - a navy and white Hobbs spotty dress which is fairly fitted and then flares out a little around the hem. I normally like to wear a bright Armani lipstick when I have this dress on but despite having found it yesterday, today I seem to have lost it again - I think it's probably at the bottom of a tardis bag somewhere.
 
It was the first time that I had worn winter tights and, despite shedding a tear or two for the fact that summer is now over, I'm glad to say that I have just about reconciled myself with it. Like stripes, spots always make me smile and they are a good way of adding some interest to your wardrobe, without having to embrace a trend, or a print, full on.
 

Yesterday I finally got around to sorting out my winter shoes and swapping them over with my summer ones, which has now given me more options. Much as I love my new shiny black boots, I think that it's time that I wore something else for a while, so here I am wearing Jigsaw shoe boots which are great with both dresses and trousers. I don't know about anyone else but I find something lovely and comforting about wearing old faithful pieces - it's as if I'm coming home!