Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Whilst the sun is still shining, let's look at some bright things courtesey of Topshop, Karen Millen, LK Bennett and Boden

Today we visited the beautiful Channel Island of Herm, where we headed to Shell Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - well in my opinion at least!
 
 
 
 
Given that it was warm enough for even me to don my bikini and go for a swim, I can't quite bring myself to write about darker colours so with that in mind, today I am looking at all things bright and beautiful. 
 
Keeping with the sunshine theme, and with all things beautiful, there's this neon necklace from Topshop. At £70 it's way up there on the higher priced side of costume jewellery but it would put a smile on anyone's face.
 

If I'm going to have to think about next season, I'm happy to think about this Topshop fluffy boyfriend coat (£89). The bright colour is cheery and the fluffy texture is a huge trend for the season. There will be lots of fur gilets, fur coats, fluffy jumpers and warm, textured pieces, which is great for when it gets colder (ssshhhh).


I found this hot pink sequinned cardigan in Karen Millen at Bicester a couple of weeks ago. I loved it but couldn't justify its existence in my wardrobe, so it may still be there. Not only would this go with brighter coloured pieces for now but it would also work well with black and grey in the winter, or with it being so fitted, with one of the fuller circle style skirts that are starting to appear in the shops.


These lovely bright yellow shoes were in L.K. Bennett at Bicester. The staff there are really great at sending things out if anyone likes them enough to think about buying them. They don't give a refund though - just a credit note. These would look lovely with a smart, slim leg black trouser suit for work, or with ankle length jeans and an oversized grey jumper or sweatshirt, perhaps with the Topshop necklace above, for a more casual look.  These aren't the Sledge shoes, which are the highest the LK Bennett do but either the Shiloh, Sabira, Sybila or Sabrina (how confusing?) and which are lower and easier to walk around in.


For a brighter trouser, Boden has these skinny cropped jeans for £49. I think that it's nice to keep a bit of tanned ankle on show for as long as possible. We're not quite ready for the full length jeans/socks/boots look just yet. They come in a range of colours....


...to include these pink ones too. Personally I would wear them with white, black, navy or grey on top to keep it simple but I have been known to mix two brighter colours together if in the right mood!


If the idea of bright trousers or a bright coat are too much to contemplate, a bright bag is a nice option. These were £75 from Marni at Bicester and come in this great range of colours. If Bicester is a bit too far away, I really like the Canonbury clutch from Boden as an alternative which cost £59.


I hope that you like these choices and that wherever you may be, the sun is shining!