Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

A moment of monochrome magic, or madness perhaps?!

OK, so here's my top tip for travelling and one that I really should adopt myself. Before arriving at the check-in desk, check that you have, in fact booked in two bags weighing 20kg each (as I had wrongly assumed) and not two bags weighing 15kg each - or else you will find yourself doing a hurried re-pack in the airport which will involve stuffing towels/pants and a various selection of items into the hand-luggage of your entire family. Oops and double ooops.
 
Although we're away, I forgot to take any photos yesterday, which is a good excuse to wear the same outfit again. I did manage to give a radio interview though. There I was at the Normandy market buying nectarines in my best French when Guernsey's chief roving reporter shoved a microphone in front of my face and started interviewing me about the cost of school uniform. I didn't really have a chance to object.
 
 

As to the outfit, a week or so ago I thought that I would wear what was a largely monochrome outfit, with shades of pale pink and silver added in to soften it. This jumper is the Zara one that I have packed for our trip to Guernsey, worn with a Hobbs statement necklace, Russell and Bromley pale pink bag, silver Zara shoes and white Gap jeans. Here's a closer picture of the Hobbs necklace, which I bought in the summer sale a couple of years ago now.



Hope that you all have a fabulous bank holiday. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not buying into the view that it's the last hurrah of the summer. There's plenty of heat in that sun yet!