Pages

Thursday 21 March 2013

Mum on the Run: Note to self. Don't commit all your thoughts to print and then change your mind a few months later. The Bowie Ash Wedge trainer. What else?

"What's wrong Mum?" the eldest asked as she found me sitting on the sofa, head in my hands, shoe box at my feet. "Are you all right?"

"I can't believe it. I just can't believe it." I responded. "I like them. I actually like them. In fact I really like them. And I've spent all this time hating them. I've even written about how much I hate them. Sometimes I drive myself mad, let alone everyone else."

Talk about the biggest volte face in the history of mankind. Well, that and the one that I did on the smoking slippers too. So here they are, in all their glory, the Ash Bowie wedge trainers, bought from the Outnet in a mad moment last Saturday, as much because I thought that it would be fun to try the "real" thing (Marants aside but that's a whole different ball game) as much as anything else. And also because with no sign of spring on its way anytime soon - anyone else got snow forecast for tonight? - and with sandals not being an option just yet, a girl has to think outside the box. Box! See below - get it? I know, it's poor.

So, this is what an Ash box looks like, just in case anyone cares. I do because I like branding and boxes. Sad, I know but it's the anticipation of what boxes contain that does it for me.


"Yuk!" I hear some of you cry. "Hmmmm. Interesting" others may muse.


At this point I have to say that there was absolutely no styling involved in terms of jeans, jeans length etc. The photos were taken in between clearing up one lot of cooking utensils and starting on the next meal.


Front view sitting down  with my legs out in front - a very stylish pose!
 

I found them true to size, very soft and comfortable too. Oh flippety flip flip. This was not the plan. Not at all. But there's no way they are going back.  I am relying on these to breathe life back into my wardrobe until the sun finally decides to show its face.