Pages

Friday 19 October 2012

Mum on the Run - A Modern Military outfit

Military is a look which comes around every winter, so how it is ever billed as a new trend I am not quite sure - but there you go!
 
This is my take on "modern military". I'm not really a fan of a full on military look - like most looks worn head to toe, they just look too contrived - but a good old nod to a trend never goes a miss and the colour and style of this skirt do just that.
 

I bought this Jigsaw Trench Tie Skirt, now reduced to £45 (sizes 8 and 10 only) at the end of the summer and fortunately it's substantial enough to wear even though it is now a little chillier.


I put the skirt with this sparkly Warehouse jumper - I think that sparkles are a nice contrast to what is essentially quite a harsh trend - it just softens it a little.


I also added in black tights, black heeled loafers, my Oasis cream leather jacket and Marc Jacobs bag. The silver detailing on the loafers also nods quite nicely to the military trend but that is more by luck than design.


I hope that you all have a great weekend. I can't believe that we've reached half term already, I've only just got to grips with the new routine. When the children go back I will have fallen into fire fighting mode again, as opposed to controlled calm (which I think sounds like a good name for a new trend.)