Pages

Friday 26 October 2012

Mum on the Run - Just one outfit from my casual Wales Wardrobe!

The trouble with not doing any washing for five days is that when you get home, there's five days of washing to catch up on. When there are five of you, that's a lot of washing. Hence the late post.
 
I thought it only fair that I brought you at least one outfit of what I wore this week. To be perfectly honest there was very little variation throughout the week and today's outfit was the nearest that I came to wearing a dress. It's a Cos shirt dress that I wore over jeans.
 

It's just possible to see a little bit of hot pink poking through at the neck which came from a long sleeved top, also from Cos, which I layered underneath the shirt dress. I then worked in a chunky cardi and long Lola Rose scarf over the top.


Here's a closer look at the neck tie on the shirt dress - and that's about as girlie as it got for me all week - but I plan on making up for it tomorrow!
 

I was convinced the other day that something amazing (and unheard of) was about to happen. There we were, sitting in a coffee shop with everyone doing what they should. The youngest was singing, there were no elbows on the tables, no runny noses, no fighting.
 
I was conscious that an elderly couple sitting nearby were watching us. As the gentleman came over to speak, I swelled with pride, convinced that he was about to compliment us on our lovely brood, instead of which he said:
 
"Excuse me, do you know what day of the week it is? I'm not sure whether it's Wednesday or Thursday." Well that put me in my place! It will happen one day though. I'm sure....