Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Mum on the Run - In a skirt that I like but which I have no hope of walking in!

Sometimes you just have to laugh. To cut a long story short, I got into the back of the car with the youngest this morning to brush her hair. Forgetting that the childlock was on in the back, I had to find another way of getting into the front to open the door. There was only one option - and that was to climb.
 
Now this skirt is possibly the most ridiculous item of clothing ever designed because you can't actually move in it. Add heels into the equation and it was more a case of launching myself into the front. Somehow I managed to twist around at the same time, which left me sitting on the horn. Oh well, I suppose that laughing is a great way to start a day.
 

As to the outfit, I bought this navy velvet skirt from Topshop last year. Way ahead of its time, it has a (p)leather waist band. Long and straight, it is a nightmare to walk in but I like the line and feel of it. 



I put it with a white shirt and pink Mulberry, which I turned into an oversized clutch by putting the strap inside. I wore it with a warm Reiss biker style jacket when out and about together with heeled ankle boots from Clarks.

Note to self: Tomorrow I must wear something I can move in with ease - just in case I make the same mistake with the whole back of the car/childlock situation!