Pages

Sunday 14 October 2012

Mum on the Run - Am I wrong to love this?

 
Please excuse the poor quality shot of this bomber jacket from Whistles but I can't find it online.
 
Anyway, the point about it is that this little number has somehow crept its way into my consciousness and I really like it. I am not sure how it has happened. It's a bit like having a male friend for years - they are always around and about - and then waking up one day and realising that you like them a bit more than a friend. (Just to make it clear, I should qualify this by saying that this hasn't happened since Mr SG and I met in 1997).
 

I have never owned such a jacket, never desired to own such a jacket and have therefore never even thought about buying such a jacket but there's something about it that I like.

Maybe its appeal lies in the fact that it is similar to the sorts of jacket that I like (ie short/navy) but also slightly different, without being too radical.

Maybe it's the addition of the leather sleeves which I now really like, having not been too sure about them when they first came on the scene.

Maybe it's because it's from Whistles - but I don't think so because I'm not (quite) that shallow.

Or maybe I have just developed a thing for American High School inspired clothing (or Mark Fowler from East Enders). Whatever next: Cheerleading outfits and pom poms? For everyone's sake, including mine, I hope not.