Pages

Thursday 12 July 2012

On the Run - Doing a bit of a wardrobe up date of my own!

July was meant to be the month where I didn't spend anything on clothes but I have changed it to August instead. It doesn't seem right to stick to a principle for the sake of it and the sales have been so good...

Having come to the realisation that quite a few of my pieces had passed their best, I decided to practice what I preach so, here are the results of a morning's work in which I topped up on some basics. I have stuck to a similar colour palette throughout, bearing in mind that I have grey and teal jeans already and a lot of navy - so everything should work across the board.

Jeans  - These are the Jaeger Boutique high rise wide leg jeans which I featured two days ago. Reduced from £125 to £35 in Selfridges, I thought that they were a great buy. They are very long but given their price, I am happy to pay to have them altered.

 


Zara Boots - Reduced from £79 to £30, I also featured these a few days ago.  I like the colour and the height of the heel. I haven't worn them yet but they will be getting a good spray with some protector spray before I wear them.




Blazer - Another Zara purchase, I found it in the more casual section. It too was in the sale, reduced to £30.  Try as I might, I couldn't peel the labels off to find its original price. Such as shame as I always like to know what saving I have made!



I thought that the blazer was really well made and loved the green trim on the inside, together with the breast pocket.  I always wanted to whip a warrant out of my inside pocket, Cagney and Lacy style!



Every day skirt - I spotted this in French Connection and really liked the print on it.  Too short for now, I will wear it with thick tights and ankle boots in the colder weather. This was also in the sale and was significantly reduced.


Smart day dress - Bought in the Boden sale, and as featured yesterday, I liked the blouson style and also the collar. I have only had a chance for a quick try on so I am not sure whether it will be a keeper or not.



Here is a closer shot of the print. I quite like the idea of picking up on the yellow/green tones in it, for a change.




Breton Jumpers - Again, spotted in the French Connection sale.  This jumper also comes in lilac but the prices of the different colour do vary.  They are a great fit - a decent length in the body and the arms and with some cashmere in them they are very soft.  They were half price, so again a good buy.


Zara blouse - Another sale purchase, it was around the £20 mark.  I have had my eye on it for a while. I really liked the print and it will go well with grey or teal coloured jeans that I have, as well as blue ones.


Here is a closer shot of the print - it's obviously fairly light and girlie so the skull shaped buttons are a nice contrast - and being gold you don't really realise from a distance that they are skulls.



We are going to a friend's birthday party on Saturday night and I bought this dress from Reiss at Bicester at the weekend. It was hugely reduced from something like £179 to £70 (ish).  I love the vibrant green colour and the slightly grecian feel about it.  As it is a stand alone piece, it doesn't really need to work with anything else in my wardrobe, so the bright colour was an added bonus.

With a poorly ones on our hands, I don't have time to get to the shops to acquire the necessary decency tape, so I am hoping that my friend can take some along and meet me there with it, otherwise it could be a bit of a disaster!



I also picked up this Coccinelle leather cuff from Bicester for £18. It didn't have its original price on but I would imagine that it was probably at least twice that.




Finally, the Boden leather jacket arrived today. I think that it will look better with a body in it! I haven't had time to try it yet but I will let you know how it fits.



The other item that I bought was some half price navy trousers in the Cos sale, to replace the ones that I wear a lot and which are looking a bit shabby.

The only problem is, since buying these pieces, the Jigsaw sale started. Fortunately (depending on how you look at it) being away next week means there isn't enough time to get anything delivered before we leave.  But I might just bring you a few pics instead of some pieces that it would be nice to have...