Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Mum on the Run - A stripe, some leopard and a pop of colour!


Our youngest was so upset this morning that she couldn't go into the bathroom to clean her teeth. Through her distress I managed to establish that she was too scared to go in there because she was going to be eaten by "Bum Head".  It transpired that our eldest had told her that "Bum Head" was hiding in there and would, in fact, eat her, should she enter.  Try explaining that one away with a straight face.  


I was in my running gear this morning when I went to school so I had to take my own photo on returning home.  I gave myself a lesson in layering today - thermal bottoms and long sleeved vest, thermal tights, long sleeved top, jumper dress and cardi. Along with wearing a pencil skirt that it is impossible to walk in (as per last Tuesday when the thought of walking around the shops was too much to bear so I came home), wearing that many layers is another great dis-incentive to try on new clothes.  The faff was just too great to contemplate.  All that it did mean, however, was that I just bought the clothes instead without trying them on, with a view to taking them back.  Where there's a will there's a way - and a justification!

When I did return home, my friend took this photo for me.  I had swapped my shoe boots for red patent shoes on the basis that they were probably slightly more comfortable for my shopping trip.

Oddly, when I was in town, I saw two striped dresses like the H&M one that I am wearing - one in Gap and one in Cos.  The dress is actually a bit large for me but it's fine with lots underneath and with my Cos Cardi on top. I also belted it with my Topshop skinny leopard print belt. As I stood paying for my soup and sarnie in EAT a lady tapped me on my shoulder and said "I do love your shoes" -  I'm not sure why but as I've said it before - there's just something about red shoes that people love.