Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Mum on the Run - Life returns to normal!



Oh what a difference a day makes.  Yesterday, London and some fancy awards. Today, the M&S car park after the school run. 

As you can see, I am back in my civvies - but at least I can walk in them.  I had one aim today and that was to keep warm.  I achieved this through wearing a duvet, the longest scarf in the history of man kind (it's longer than Dr Who's you know) jeans, warm socks and boots.  And it worked - I was definitely warm. I don't know if any of you ever encounter this but if I do this coat up, some times when I move I get a puff of warm air that comes up the coat and out of the top - it's quite impressive really, a kind of in built heater.

I had a lot of magazine reading time yesterday on the way down to London and back.  I was deciding which trends are actually likely to translate well into my summer wardrobe (more about that another day) and these Prada shoes caught my eye.  They have go faster flames coming out of the back of them.  I thought that they would look great when running after the four year old on her scooter.  They reminded me of the car in "Grease" - sorry Prada if that's not was intended. I can't help it!
prada-shoe-collection-spring-summer-2012
I think our eldest spent most of the day in stitches yesterday.  She is studying "A Midsummer Night's Dream" in English.  One of her friends had to come up with a headline to describe Bottom's state of mind when he went into meltdown.  The best ones?  "Bottom Cracks!"  and "Bottom in a sticky situation." Don't you just love remembering those days at school, laughing until your sides ached? Hope you are having a good day.