Pages

Thursday 19 January 2012

Mum on the Run - A pink wool coat and a navy wool dress

Vote for me button


Today was a v. exciting day. First off, the TV programme Doctors was being filmed at our house. I had to nip back as I had forgotten my phone and I got chatting to one of the actresses, who was lovely. I am not entirely sure what the story line was for today but in the past we have had a murder, STD's, an affair and I think that this one might have something to do with a gay son and a trans-sexual Dad. It all goes on in our house I can tell you.

After that I headed to town where I found out that Birmingham is finally getting its own stand alone Whistles store. Yippeee! It's been a long time coming. On the subject of Whistles I noticed that this new season dress is in the sale, down from £135 to £60 - so one to keep an eye out for!  There are lots of spots on the High Street.

Big Spot Print Dress

I then decided that I would treat our son to a new pencil case today with all the trimmings. I realised that his sister would be on at least her fourth by this point in the term (two weeks in) so I headed to WH Smith where I soon realised that it would be very easy for me to become a stationery geek. Anyway, I took great delight in choosing a Bart Simpson pencil case which said "Underachiever and proud of it man" Bet the school will love that one!  

Having chosen all of the stationery I then found that I had to serve myself at the till. So much for shop "assistants!" I loved playing shops when I was little and as for playing post offices - even better. Imagine my delight when, as a student I had a job in the Xmas holidays at the sorting office. I was even on TV! I loved all that stamping and chucking the parcels in the right bag for the right area. Knowing my Bognor from my Bangor helped - that's what comes from being a geography nerd! However now? No thank you, I don't really want to be playing shops any more. The time when I am being served is when I plan my next move in the game of "how to buy as many clothes as possible whilst spending as little as possible."

On to the outfit. I knew that I would have my coat on for most of the day if I was in the shops, so I was happy to wear this navy River Island dress which is shorter than something I would usually wear. Since handing my legs over to Tracy Anderson to sort out for me last summer I don't mind wearing slightly shorter things - but only in the winter and with thick tights. When Tracy handed my legs back I think that I noticed a bit of an improvement although I did find the intervening weeks a bit tricky.

My shopping trip concluded with a whizz around Jigsaw, Reiss, Topshop, Selfridges and H and M where I picked up some sale bargains and some new season pieces too - which I will show you tomorrow!