Pages

Friday 13 January 2012

Mum on the Run - Looking through the sales purchases - to keep or not to keep? That is the question

How bad is this?  I have convinced our four year old that the bits of nougat in my toblerone are nuts (which she doesn't like) just so that she doesn't want to eat it.  Even by my standards I think that is rather naughty but hec, the children have taken their toll on many things in my life (body, finances, the height of heels I can wear) so they can keep their hands off my chocloate at least.

So today I spent some time playing with the new clothes that arrived recently. It was a fun time - some successes and some not, so take a look and see what you think:



This is the Reiss trench, reduced from £295 to £147 - so still not the cheapest but it is a good reduction and the kind of wardrobe staple in which to invest if you absolutely love it.   The fabric is different to what I was expecting but once I got used to it, I quite liked it.  The down side? It's too big and the length is wrong. Even with heels, it hits the wrong part of my leg so with flats it wouldn't work at all.  I really like it but it's not for me. Moving on....


This dress is from Boden - it's called "the sixties dress" and is in the sale, reduced from £89 to £59.  It does come up quite short so I would possibly be inclined to order the longer one if they had it in my size. I love the colour and the patch pockets. It could be dressed up for the evening or down for the day so it is fairly versatile - which is important.  I am undecided on this one - need to assess the other options!




This too is a Boden dress - the joyful jersey dress - reduced from £59 to £35.  It is a fairly snug fit but quite supportive which is nice.  It has patch pockets and again could be dressed up or down. I am wearing it with the Reiss shoes, a leather ring and a Hobbs statement necklace. I need to try the dress again to see how it feels. They only had a size 6 left so that's why it's a bit snug. Not sure that it would be very forgiving!  Sadly the Reiss shoes are too big and I walk out of them - so that's an easy decision!


I also ordered these Red jeans from Reiss which were reduced from £89 to £44.  I put them with a Reiss sparkly top which I bought a couple of years ago and which I still love.  I like them but they are too big and if they give any more they will look dreadful. So they will be going back too although given that Reiss is offering free delivery and returns at the moment, I might order them in a smaller size.

I love this Boden Milan jacket which was reduced from £125 to £49 - now that's a proper saving! It's a nice way to dress up my smarter jeans which I put with a silk Warehouse shirt.  I can see myself wearing this jacket a huge amount. I'm almost tempted to order it in black too but that's when the sales become a false economy because I don't really need it. Here's a pic of the lining - lovely spots...


Moving on now to the next outfit - a very dressed down look of Gap long and lean jeans, Clarks leopard pumps and the Boden bella jumper reduced from £49 to £29 - because much as we might like it to be, life isn't always about heels and dresses!


I love the colour of this jumper, which I have put with a Stella & Dot necklace.  The sleeves are three quarters and a slight bell shape - so something different. This one is a keeps for me as it will be really useful.  So, so far the keeps are this jumper and the Boden jacket, probably one of the Boden dresses and possibly the Red jeans but in a smaller size. I have yet to give due attention to the bag and the leather jacket...