Pages

Monday 15 August 2011

Mum on the Run - Green jeans


I was so proud of myself today - not because I was up and out with the children early but because of where we went - the local leisure centre, complete with wave machine, water slides, toddler pool, grit on the floor, overflowing nappy bins and general grime. 

As I looked up at the showers shaped as toadstools in the toddler pool I though to myself "blimey, give my Mum a day in here with some hot water, rubber gloves and a scrubbing brush and the place would look so different."  She is the Queen of cleaning.  The children knew that it was their once yearly trip and they made the most of it.  In fairness because we were there early, it wasn't too busy and I managed to wait a whole ten minutes before I even looked at the clock to see if it was time to get out yet.  As I say, I was very proud of myself. 

The outfit consisted of my green River Island jeans, Next white T-shirt, Gap cardi, green converse and a Cath Kidston spotty bag.

I must confess that I haven't been brave enough to wear my green jeans with flats but I saw a friend of mine wear coloured jeans and flats so successfully at the weekend that I decided to give it a go.  OK so she is at least 2 inches taller than me so as long as I don't get too close to a mirror, or if I do squint when looking, I think that I can just about get away with them!