Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Mum on the Run day 27 - A wrap dress and ballet flats





Today I was shopping for the second of my Style Parties that I have coming up and in case you didn't know, there are some great sales out there at the moment. 

I decided to give my Gap wrap dress an outing and I jazzed it up a bit with a statement necklace, which I then "unjazzed" a bit with a scarf.  I added patent ballet flats, my leather jacket and my favourite Marc Jacobs bag (which has now dried out from its bath in Diet Coke - what a crime!)  I'm not too good with flats but the proportions of the dress, in terms of it being fairly fitted but with a bit of "swing" in the skirt, meant that I felt OK.  Even more importantly I was comfortable and warm - two things which, as you may have gathered by now, are really important to me!

My shopping trip was followed by a run and a cuppa with a friend before embarking on the various school runs and trips to tennis etc.  All in all not a bad day!



Outfit: Dress Gap, Jacket Oasis, Bag Marc Jacobs, Shoes Clarks, Necklace TopShop