Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Mum on the Run day 28 - A shirt dress and leopard print

My husband had left for London by 6.45am today so it was all hands on deck to get the rest of us out by 7.45am - well I say all hands - in true management fashion I delegated many tasks to our eldest two - including sorting out breakfast for the youngest (which I have just realised is still there - yum, soggy cheerios).
After all, how long do they need to get a school uniform on? 

So anyway, last night I had decided that today would be the day of my shirt dress.  I duly ironed it - I know, how impressive is that - and put it on with a stripey top underneath, leopard print belt and I started out with red patent flats.

I was distinctly out of sorts - the dress felt too short and the shoes were too flat.  The tights were more of a royal blue than a navy but the ones that I had taken to change into after I had been to the gym turned out to be for an 11-12 year old. Not a good start.  I could have cheated and changed my outfit but I wanted to stay loyal to the philosophy behind Mum on the Run so I stuck with it....and bought a pair of shoes to sort it all out.  Well, what's a girl to do when presented with the shoes that she has been looking for for ages, that are comfortable, redeem the outfit and are at a good price?  Exactly.  That's what I thought too!  The belt and shoes veer on being a bit matchy for my liking but there was no way that I was going to change the belt after buying the shoes.  That would have been just a step too far! So, here are the shoes - bit of an animal print, bit of a heel, bit of patent and guess what they say inside - "softwear".  Soooo chic! They will go with lots of things though so I am happy.